Volume 74, Number 23 | Octuber 6 - 12 , 2004

PictureStory


Horns of plenty of Himalayan art


Villager photos by Elisabeth Robert

Last Saturday, the Rubin Museum of Himalayan Art opened in the former Barney’s Men’s Store, at 154-158 W. 17th St., just off Sixth Ave. The museum was founded by wife and husband, Shelley and Donald Rubin. In photo at right, Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum congratulated the Rubins at the opening. Also attending the ceremony was Representative Jerrold Nadler.

Reader Services

WWW thevillager.com
Email our editor

ADVERTISING



Home

The Villager is published by
Community Media LLC.

The Villager | 487 Greenwich St., Suite 6A | New York, NY 10013

Phone: 212.229.1890 | Fax: 212.229.2790
Email: news@thevillager.com



Written permission of the publisher must be obtainedbefore any of the contents of this newspaper, in whole or in part, can be reproduced or redistributed.