Volume 73, Number 42 | February 18 - 24, 2004



Villager photos by Christopher Lanning

McCourts toast McSorley’s

New York University’s Glucksman Ireland House at 1 Washington Mews hosted the 150th anniversary celebration of McSorley’s Old Ale House on Feb. 12. In photo above, at left, from left to right, featured guests included brother authors Frank McCourt and Malachy McCourt and Professor Terence Moran of N.Y.U.’s Steinhardt School of Education. The event also marked the opening of an exhibition of artist Greg de la Haba’s “McSorley Series,” consisting of charcoal and pastel drawings and oil paintings. Above, Matthew Mahr, McSorely’s owner, posed beside a de la Haba charcoal of the interior of McSorley’s. The famed tavern, at 15 E. 7th St., is New York City’s oldest bar in continuous operation.


Home

The Villager is published by
Community Media LLC.

The Villager | 487 Greenwich St., Suite 6A | New York, NY 10013

Phone: 212.229.1890 | Fax: 212.229.2970
Email: news@thevillager.com



Written permission of the publisher must be obtainedbefore any of the contents of this newspaper, in whole or in part, can be reproduced or redistributed.