"Support businesses and organizations that support The Villager"
Meetings: Scoop on garbage garage; Con Edison cash
Community Board 2
• Joint Sanitation Garage & Environment, Public Safety, Public Health Committees, Thurs., Jan. 3, 6:30 p.m., N.Y.U. Silver Building, 32 Waverly Pl. Room 408 (ID required): Update on proposed Sanitation Garage at Spring and Washington Sts.
• Traffic & Transportation Committee, Tues., Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m., N.Y.U. Silver Building, 32 Waverly Pl. Room 405 (ID required): 1. Department of Transportation presentation on design for traffic safety improvements, including bicycle lanes, on Greenwich and Washington Sts.; 2. Request for solutions to address traffic-light timing endangering pedestrians at Wooster and Canal Sts.; 3. Greater Gansevoort Urban Improvement Project proposal for a public space in Gansevoort Plaza, traffic calming measures and enhancing pedestrian safety (Gansevoort Pedestrian Plaza Project).
• Business Committee, Tues., Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m., N.Y.U. Silver Building, 32 Waverly Pl., Room 408 (ID required): Applications to the State Liquor Authority for new license to sell liquor on-premises, including Chris Eddy or Corp to be formed, 19 Kenmare St.; LLC to be formed, 54 Thompson St.; and DBRH, LLC, 463 W. Broadway.
• Chinatown Committee, Wed., Jan. 9, 6:30 p.m., Public School 130, 143 Baxter St., auditorium: 1. “Next Steps?” A discussion of how the committee might best serve the community in 2008; 2. Plan for C.B. 2’s February public hearing on housing, which will take place in Chinatown.
Community Board 3
• Human Services, Health, Disability & Seniors / Youth & Education Committees, Tues., Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m., University Settlement, Library, 184 Eldridge St. (between Rivington and Delancey Sts.): Informational presentation by Nurse-Family Partnership program at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
• Con Ed Settlement Fund Subcommittee (7 p.m.) and Environmental Subcommittee (8 p.m.), Tues., Jan. 8, Casa Victoria, 308 E. Eighth St. (between Avenues B and C): L.E.S. Ecology Center proposal for Con Ed settlement fund (7 p.m.); Environmental Subcommittee goals and objectives (8 p.m.)
• Public Safety & Sanitation Committees (6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.) and Transportation Committee (7 p.m.), Wed., Jan. 9, University Settlement at Houston Street Center, 273 Bowery: Public Safety/Sanitation: 1. Report from Con Ed Settlement Fund Subcommittee; 2. Report from Environmental Subcommittee; 3. C.B. 3 membership in East Side Alliance, regarding crime and quality of life and conditions between 14th and Third Sts.; Transportation: 1. Joint town hall with Councilmember Alan Gerson regarding congestion pricing; 2. C.B. 3 consideration of position on congestion pricing; 3. Discuss further work of Bus/Van Subcommittee.