Community Board 2
• Institutions Committee, Wed., Dec. 12, 6 p.m., The New School, 65 Fifth Ave., first-floor cafeteria. Massing concept for proposed New School building at Fifth Ave. and 14th St.
• Zoning and Housing Committee, Thurs., Dec. 13, 6:50 p.m., N.Y.U. Silver Building, 32 Waverly Pl., Room 408 (ID required). 1. 813-815 Broadway, B.S.A. variance for new 40-unit residential building; 2. 40-42 Charlton St., B.S.A. variance by Little Red School House and Elisabeth Irwin High School.
• Waterfront Committee, Mon., Dec. 17, 7:30 p.m., Dapolito Center, 3 Clarkson St., third floor. 1. Fire Department proposal to renovate Gansevoort fireboat pier; 2. Pier 40 Partnership presentation on its proposal; 3. Possible resolution on marine waste transfer plan at Gansevoort Peninsula addressed to delays in city solid waste management plan; 4. Spring St. Department of Sanitation garage: Can the waterfront offer a solution?
• Social Services and Education Committee, Tues., Dec. 18, 6:30 p.m., Our Lady of Pompei Church, 25 Carmine St. 1. Councilmember Gerson gives overview and discusses social service issues; update on C.B. 2 resolution on homeless families, particularly Catherine St. shelter. 2. Report from Commission on Human Rights: Update on Caliente Cab Company and L.G.B.T. sensitivity.
• Environment, Public Safety and Public Health Committee, Wed., Dec. 19, 6:30 p.m., St. Anthony of Padua Church Rectory, 154 Sullivan St., Lower Hall. N.Y.U. Medical presentation on health effects of 9/11.
• Full Board Meeting, Thurs., Dec. 20, 6:30 p.m., P.S. 130, 143 Baxter St. between Hester and Grand Sts. (Chinatown location.)
Community Board 3
• Public Safety and Sanitation / Transportation Committees, Wed., Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m., Rutgers Community Center, 200 Madison St. (between Rutgers and Pike Sts.) Transportation: 1. Review of contract between H.P.D. and L.E.S. Business Improvement District for parking lots bounded by Broome, Delancey, Norfolk and Clinton Sts.; 2. Adopt position on scrolling and video advertising on new bus shelters; 3. PlaNYC 2030 adopt a position on congestion pricing.
• 197 Plan Task Force Subcommittee, Wed., Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Casa Victoria, 308 E. Eighth St. (between Avenues B and C), followed by 197 Plan Task Force. Subcommittee: Discussion of Bowery and Third/Fourth Aves. corridor. Task force: 1. Review of subcommittee report; 2. Update on City Planning rezoning plan; 3. Review of Seward Park Urban Renewal Area brainstorming session.
• Art and Cultural Affairs Task Force, Mon., Dec. 17, 6:30 p.m., Theater for the New City, 155 First Ave. (between E. Ninth and 10th Sts.), Community Theater. Planning meeting for C.B. 3 Visual Arts Forum/Town Hall (tentatively January).
• Labor/Economic Development Task Force, Mon., Dec. 17, 6:30 p.m. C.B. 3 Office, 59 E. Fourth St. Working conditions at 101 Ludlow St. site.
• Full Board Meeting, Tues., Dec. 18, 6:30 p.m., P.S. 20, 166 Essex St. (E. Houston and Stanton Sts.)