Volume 74, Number 40 | February 9 - 15, 2005

Ukrainian Museum is sanctified

A blessing ceremony, attended by more than 500 people, was held for the new Ukrainian Museum at 222 E. Sixth St., between Second and Third Aves., last weekend. In photo above, leading the singing of “God Bless America,” are, from left, Archbishop Antoniy from South Bound Brook, N.J., Bishop Losten from Stamford, Ct., Father Bernard, new parish priest of St. George’s Ukrainian Church on E. Seventh St., Maria Shust, museum director, and Marta Baczynska, museum public relations officer. Now that the building has been blessed, the museum can start moving in. The museum opening is scheduled for April 3.

Villager photos by Anna Sawaryn

Reader Services




thevillager.com



Email our editor

ADVERTISING



Home

The Villager is published by
Community Media LLC.

The Villager | 487 Greenwich St., Suite 6A | New York, NY 10013

Phone: 212.229.1890 | Fax: 212.229.2790
Email: news@thevillager.com



Written permission of the publisher must be obtainedbefore any of the contents of this newspaper, in whole or in part, can be reproduced or redistributed.