West and East Village, Chelsea, Soho, Noho, Little Italy, Chinatown and Lower East Side, Since 1933
WORK FOR THE VILLAGER!
The Villager, Downtown Express, Gay City News and Chelsea Now seek outstanding Advertising Account Executives / Outside Sales to join our Award Winning team. Positions are based out of our NYC SoHo offices.
* Sell display advertising both in print and online for our 4 award winning newspapers. The candidate will be expected to aggressively pursue new business by prospecting ( mostly in person ) within assigned vertical categories as well as renew existing business with the aim of reaching specific weekly goals.
* Identifies client needs, utilizes knowledge of client's business and their competition to present effective ideas and proposals. Assures that customer satisfaction is achieved and revenue objectives are met.
* Responsible for all post sale follow up including creative receipt, billing discrepancy resolution, etc.
* Account Executive will work closely with Advertising Sales Director to determine overall strategy and plan. Initially, training will be provided, call expectations will be set and regular meetings will be held with Advertising Sales Director to gauge progress. Ultimately he/she will need to work independently and manage the territory and accounts from inception through execution.
* College degree strongly preferred, with a minimum of 1-2 years in advertising or applicable sales experience. Passion, dedication, and an unparalleled work ethic a must. Demonstrated history of meeting, or exceeding quotas required.
* Ability to work independently, possess effective time management skills and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, and evolving environment.
* Must be comfortable and proficient with conducting business over the phone, email and mostly in person. Candidate should be self-motivated, and actively and constantly prospect for new accounts.
NO CALLS>>> Your resume must be highly detailed and must include a cover letter detailing your experience.
EMAIL TO: email@example.com